Durable, Easy-to-Maintain Polycore Shutters
If you’re looking for new window treatments for your home, there’s no better choice than shutters. They’re not only extremely functional, but they also can add a feeling of sophistication and elegance to any room in which they’re installed. Regardless of their many positive attributes, some homeowners still won’t choose them because of the amount of care and maintenance they require. Luckily there is an alternative: polycore shutters, one of our best sellers in Manteca, Livermore and Elk Grove.
Because of the way that shutters are designed and constructed, wooden shutters especially need regular and in-depth care. If they don’t receive that care, the panels could easily warp, crack, or break. The polycore shutters we offer at Elite Shutters & Shadings, however, are a completely different story.
Polycore shutters are just as attractive as real wood shutters, and they can be just as sophisticated as well. They’ll help you control light, noise, and temperature inside your home, and they can be completely custom built, so they’ll fit your windows perfectly. At the same time, they won’t require nearly as much maintenance as real wood shutters.
To see our polycore shutters up close and personal, feel free to visit one of our showrooms - or call today to schedule your free in-home consultation to see samples of our selection of shutters, shades, blinds and draperies in the comfort of your own home. We look forward to being your preferred choice for all types of window treatment services in the future.
Benefits of Polycore Shutters in Manteca, Livermore and Elk Grove Over Wood
Aside from requiring less maintenance, there are number of advantages that polycore shutters have over wood:
- Our polycore shutter panels are reinforced with an aluminum core, so they’re the most durable shutters on the market. They’re also fire retardant and moisture resistant.
- The polycore material will never crack or warp, so they won’t need to be cared for to keep that from happening.
- Polycore shutters are three times better at insulating your home than wood, so you won’t be paying as much for your monthly energy costs.
- Polycore shutters are 100% recyclable, and they can be made from recycled materials. And because they’re not made of wood, they won’t contribute to deforestation.
- When temperatures change, it can cause wood to expand and contract. After a few seasons, this can cause noticeable wear-and-tear.
- Polycore shutters can’t be infested by termites or other pests.
- Polycore shutters won’t be harmed by heat or moisture, so they’re the perfect choice for windows in your bathroom or kitchen. Polycore is also a great choice for external shutters.
- Polycore shutters can be washed with nearly anything with sustaining any damages.
Advantages of Polycore Over Vinyl
Vinyl is often chosen as a material for shutters over wood because it’s cheaper and, like polycore, doesn’t require as much care as wood does. But vinyl does have some unfortunate shortcomings.
- Vinyl is hollow, so it won’t insulate as well as polycore.
- Vinyl can become transparent behind bright lights.
- Vinyl isn’t very durable.
- While vinyl won’t absorb moisture, the color is injected into the material as it’s molded. Over time, with exposure to sunlight, the color of your vinyl will yellow or fade.
If you would like to schedule an in-home consultation to learn more about our polycore shutters in Manteca, Livermore or Elk Grove, please call 209-825-1400 or complete our online request form.
- Blinds vs. Shades: Deciding Which is Right for Your Home
Window blinds and shades in Manteca come in a number of styles, so no matter which one you choose, you’ll always have a lot options. Understanding the difference between blinds and shades and the advantages of each will help make your original decision much easier to make. Blinds are window treatments made out of a […]Read More
- Why Shutters Are a Great Addition to Any Home
The window blinds and/or shutters in Manteca you choose for your home have a huge impact on the way your home looks and feels. The smaller details of interior design are some of the biggest parts of the atmosphere you create with your home decor. But window treatments do emote than that, as well. For […]Read More